About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, April 30, 2018

F is for Follow-up - Rubbersaurs

I think we've had Dinorasers & Erasersaurs; so that's three now! They're not new words - they're Small Scale Worłds! I said I would; so I did . . .

. . . and now I have a herd of Tobar Styracosaurus'siziz!

I went back and got another quid's-worth of Iwako dinorasers from Hawkin's Bazaar, swapped the ridge-plates and set them to grazing with the first pair!

Putting away the various odds and sods that have come-in over the last three or four weeks I found another pencil pecking, polymer, paleo-critter. It's one of the kerthunkersaur family, but not the full-on Ankylosaurus, a Nonkylosaurus perhaps!

This one marked with a small 'China' but possibly from an older moulding/mould-tool. The rubber is similar to those cute woodland animals, dinosaurs and Baba the Elephant family given away by petrol stations in the early 1970's.

It's a form of silicon I think and makes for shite graphite-removal, preferring instead to smear it round the page!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to find your blog, actually in the 90s I got a set that was a copy to the deiner dinosaurs, but with two extra dinosaurs that I dont see these days in the deiner dinosaurs sets, they are these:
https://imgur.com/uI363YB
In the other hand, with the mammoth and the kentausaurs, I just had these two dinosaurs along a brachiosaur and a plesiosaurus, I only conserve the kentausaurus and I've been looking for years these molds (this was the way I located your blog), I remember they came as promotion with a new cookies in my country circa 1993-1994
You can see it here:
https://imgur.com/pIpsNKh

Hugh Walter said...

Hi Anonymous, I have a follow-up in the pipeline with various older sets, and more modern ones, and to be honest, I'm not sure my Deiner ARE, as they aren't marked? But the trouble with all this stuff was that it tended to be copied and/or jobbed to various clients, so we'll probably never know the whole story, but we should be able to at least ID the various 'lots' or issues/tranches!

The two links aren't showing anything?

Cheers, H