About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, March 23, 2018

News, Views etc . . . Amberley Publishing

The latest titles from Amberley include Dr. Who memorabilia, and three ''T's - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Toy Story and Tri-ang.

It occurred to me that of the collectable TMNT stuff, presumably the Teenage Mutant 'Hero' Turtle-marked stuff will be the most collectable in future years as it was restricted to the one territory (UK) and only for a short period - early 1990's? The author; Matt MacNabb has a website as well - http://www.ninjaturtlescollector.com/

Anyway the four titles are £14.99 each and further details are from;

Amberley Publishing
Tel: 01453 847 800
eMail: sales@amberley-books.com

4 comments:

Terranova47 said...

£14.99 in the UK but in the USA Amazon sells the TRI_ANG COLLECTIBLES for the price of $4.30.

Both a bargain and an interesting book. It seems to list all those 'banana' shaped coaches in the order they were issued.

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers for that Terra, I checked here and it's still full price - fussa-russa! But there were a couple of 2nd hand cheaper and I noticed a Shire Album?

H

Terranova47 said...

TRI-ANG COLLECTABLES is an overview of the OO railway system while the Shire publication is an overall history of Lines Brothers/TRI-ANG

Hugh Walter said...

Ah! That's useful to know Terra, I have the big Tri-ang volume in the Hammond (et al) Hornby series, so I may give this one a miss, but I don't think I've got that Shire, despite having various others so . . .

Thanks
H