About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, December 1, 2017

I is for IT'S Chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaas!

Yes, I think we've had that title before, or a variation on it and I'm sure we'll have it again because it's Chriiiiiiiistmaaaaaaaaaaas!

Muttonchoptastic!

Gisela Graham, purveyor of fine wholesale ornamentation to the gentry and anyone else who'll give her a few shekels for it! She is to Christmas; what Dorothy Perkins was for summer dresses, or to Christmas trees; what Cath Kitson is to tea-time and cushions!

Charity Shop!

We had two of these when we were kids, they came in our Christmas-morning stockings and were a tiger and a zebra, I don't know what happened to them but I've always missed them as they sat above the curtain-rail for the whole of my remembered childhood with a Wade drummer-boy, some Whimsies dinosaurs and wild animals (also Wade!) from Christmas crackers and a few other figural 'objéts', probably where I got the collecting-bug from?

In Operation!

I don't know what these are called in common parlance, do they have a name? Pop-ups, poppers, droppers, drop-downs, bowers, take-a-bows, collaps'ers, spring-ups? They are 'Pop-up Toys' in the tag list . . . all two of them!

I bought a Yeoman of the Guard one a year or two ago in Wilkinson's. Now, they say "More than two is a collection" so, that's another sub-branch/sub-section/sub-genre I seem to have embarked upon!

It's only 24 days 'till Santa comes!

No comments: