About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, September 9, 2017

S is for Solid Six-Shooters and Sheriffs

Continuing to clear that folder I found with odd Timpo shots in it, we have a few Wild West to clear-out, to which I've added some recent additions.

The top row is another of the shots I took back in 2007 when my 1st digital camera was brand new, so macro and flash were still strangers to me! It's just a look at the different colours Timpo's second version solids came in, with the powder-blue ones being from the later Action Pack boxed sets, the brown possibly Toyway issues (they look too new?) and the red and yellow a bit earlier, but post the painted-period.

The two lower shots were a couple of pairs of Action Pack figures I chucked on feebleBay early in 2009, at 99p each  - I think they sold!

Older figures, newer shots; the solid bandit to the right has lost his bank-box of plunder, I suspect deliberately, but it may have broken-off, they are getting brittle now. He came in the mixed, less than 'junk' lot last year with the Cherilea saloon and Roman stuff, along with the three first versions - from-hollow-cast figures.

Interesting that they follow their metal forbears in having gloss paint, while the 2nd version chap has a matt finish, aping the Britains Herald figures he will have been designed/introduced expressly to combat.

No comments: