About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, March 17, 2017

S is for Star Wars I - First Order Snowspeeder



Or flying Machine-gun Nest as I think of it - and why not?!! In a galaxy far-far away, long, long ago, where laptops and mobile technology are strangely absent, but cars can 'fly'; having an airborne MG platform (which probably couldn't hit a barn door from further than 100 feet away!) seems like a good idea!

We've looked at two of these already; the Micro-Machine branded example and the full 'Hasbro' die-cast, this is Mattel's 'Hotwheel' effort, and there is a major difference in the design. As to who got the design wrong; is open to the floor as I haven't seen the latest episodes in the unfolding saga tired franchise.

While the two aforementioned versions have the gunner leaning or reaching out of his seat, Mattel have had him get up, move forward and stand where he is A) in the way of the driver's view, and B) likely to try flying himself if the driver has to take evasive action, or make a sharp turn for any reason!

Some other stuff - photographing something on your own hand is surprisingly hard!. Don't get me wrong (yes - I know some people want to 'get me wrong' out of principle - I feed off their negativity!), the piss-taking is for comedic effect and it's really a nice little model!

2 comments:

Gisby said...

Apparently Mattel has it right for the Snowspeeder.

https://www.coolthings.com.au/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/metal-earth-first-order-snow-speeder-top-view.jpg

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Gisby . . .proper CAD-file!

H