About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, February 17, 2017

C is for Cutting Cactii

So - That was Contribution Season! There are actually still three in the queue, wiating new images or info., not to mention that Brain sent me a load more stuff about half an hour ago, or that his folder is still full of stuff, but then Rack Toy Month is not that far away now!

Many thanks to everyone who contributed, it was an eclectic mix of stuff in various scales and materials. If you'd like to 'show & tell' something but don't fancy a whole Blog, by all means take a few shots, add a bit of blurb and it can go up here, we're not fussy at Smallscaleworld!

Meantime I have been buying mass-produced polymer crud to keep the blog afloat and here's some . . .

. . . I saw these in WHSmith's the other day, and being a tight-wad was baulking at the potential loss of a whole two quid, but needed to get a magazine for someone-else, along with a paper so thought "What the hell, push the boat out..." and helped myself to a bag of crisps, a plain chocolate Bounty and s'quad of cacti . . . living-up here, I am; wallowing in decadent consumerism!


So, what do we get for a couple of nicker? 50p's-worth of cactus, times-four, that's what, an ideal size for a larger-scale dolls-house, but I had already decided I didn't want the pots, and thought it a bit naff that all the flowers were the same colour!

Well, snip-snip, glue-glue, colour-colour and five minutes later - bish-bosh, job-done!

You will need . . . some - preferably green - tidily-winks! And the pots go in the spares box, to make nice LGP-tyres on a moon-buggy at some point!

That's it - four more cactii for the cactus sub-/side-collection! I'm still not happy with the Gymno-whatever . . . they are grafted hybrids for kid's windowsills (I had a red one when I was a kid), not something you find in the Apache badlands or blocking fields-of-fire at the Alamo; so I think its flower may yet end-up in the 'Unknown Sportsmen' box as a beach-ball - with a hole in it!

No comments: