About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, December 26, 2016

1 is for "On the First Day of Chrissssstmaaas, His True Love Sent to Hiiiiiiimmm . . .


. . . A Snoww-man with'out a Pear tree!"

He didn't actually know why she mentioned a lack of Pear tree on the delivery docket, as he wasn't expecting a Pear tree, not that he was expecting a Snowman either, but that's his True Love for you, a bit quirky...it took the driver and him 20 minutes to unload (refrigerated-stand, an'all), but once it was up, on the front lawn, it looked fine . . .

===============================================================

Today's snowman comes courtesy of Doric, and while I could have used (should have - although I've found the piece of hat rim - the bane of poured-resin; brittleness!) the Fiddes Payne one, we've already looked at them I think?

Indeed, this '12 Days' meme is a variation of one I ran on the Facebook several years ago, possibly before the Fiddes Payne set was in the collection!

As with the header/bagged sets we looked at the other day (yesterday? I've scheduled so many posts in the last few weeks I don't know where I'm at!) these blister sets are filled with a mix of ethylene, styrene and resin bits and items in other materials, some of which are shared by other packers like Culpitt, Fiddes' &etc.

No comments: