About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

S is for Spacemen...by Comansi; Ovni and Thunderbirds

We've looked at these Spanish Comansi figures before, both the Thunderbirds and the Ovni (UFO) figures, but new colours and new poses guarantees a return visit!

Bagged set of rubber-horrors like mine, as I think I said last time: In this form they are common, box-fulls turn-up at Sandown Park regularly, so don't pay over the odds BIN prices for them on evilBay! As polyethylene figures (left-hand lot) they are a tad less common, but only a tad!

[I now can't find them in the tag list, so maybe I never posted them? A return there then at some point, although mine might be the same pink/yellow ones? I seem to remember telling you all about their deformation in rubber, but sometimes I'm just 'writing' an article in my head as I handle figures which I then forget to photograph!?]

A much better sample of the Ovni figures than we looked at last time, again earlier ethylene, I haven't discovered yet how many poses there are, but it's probably a few more than shown here?

Close-ups of the base marks, I don't know if the numbers are in-house stock codes, or wacky 'futurist' dates, and if the later, why the difference? The painted originals are the rarer, box ticked.

2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Nice figures, would paint up well!

Hugh Walter said...

Most of these would Fran, but the rubber (soft PVC) ones I thought I'd blogged but hadn't (also in the bag above) would be a nightmare to paint...and keep painted! It's hard enough to get some of them to stay standing-up! Thinks...which is probably why there's often so many of them at Sandown!

H