About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

C is for Command...'Star Wars' Command, II - Small Figure Packs

The entry-level sets are these little carded figure packs, there were only three in the stores I was visiting and on the poster-catalogue, however there was a set of clone-war based figures which is commonly available on feebleBay and some larger Jabba's Palace sets leaked-out as clearance in the Autumn, no doubt they will turn up in numbers somewhere in a year or so like the second series Horrible Histories did.

Packs and poster images, these are 'army builder' sets with typically 2x4 poses and one painted 'unique' pose. Annoyingly, unlike Galoob the two Royal Guards are identical, when they are supposed to be left-handed and right-handed to cover The Emperor equally effectively from both sides...or so I'm told..it's fecking MAKE-BELIEVE!

Pack-backs

Close-ups of a few of the figures. You can see three treatments of the Stormtrooper's base, with a smooth version, marked version and over-printed code version, I don't think there's much of significance there, but know only too well how it will be an excuse for some collectors to seek-out the variations...I do it myself with other stuff...Whhhell...I photographed them...I guess I'm already doing it with this stuff!

Next...medium sets

No comments: