About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

F is for Figures From Freebie post

Thought I'd better put up a bit of a line-up of this growing range, but managed to miss one figure in each line-up! And - as I'd posted pictures of the new Daleks last time; left them off this collage, but you get the general idea, and the others are in the post below if you come to this from Google at some point in the future!

So accompanying a Sontaran child - far left of both line-ups - are a Cyberman, the two Weeping Angels (the only figure set so far issued in more than one pose), one punching and one crying, an Ood, a Silence (lanky-git), the lizard-like Silurian (green - missing from lower shot), a character I don't know (Automaton? White - missing from the upper shot) a Judoon (grey thing in a kilt) and something that looks like Disney's Beast...the Minator?

Above them are a few of the Fatlek Daleks with a couple of colour variations, the blues are elsewhere. Inset to the left; when batches collide, two-tone red, and to the right a comparison between the new 'classic' Dalek and a Fatlek.

4 comments:

Sam Wise said...

Very good post! I will try to know who is the unknown figures, I think that my daughter will help me.
(my preferred ones are the weeping angels)

Hugh Walter said...

More coming tonight and then further developments elsewhere vis-a-vis new 'old shape' Daleks!

Hugh

Sam Wise said...

I've found the Minotaur: Dr Who Serie 6:(With the worth Doctor: Matt Smith!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0103y2x/profiles/minotaur
"The God Complex"

Didn't found the white one...

Hugh Walter said...

I think the white one is supposed to be a 'Handbot', more on that in a day or two...thanks for the confirmation on the Minotor!

Hugh