About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, May 24, 2010

News, views etc...Follower Links

I've finally managed to get my crossed Google/Blogger 'profiles' to behave, and have managed to follow all those I previously couldn't, particularly the Spanish blogs, which would not recognize me, and I'd try every month or so!

In a nutshell (if anyone else if having the same problem) when I clicked on 'follow this blog' it would take me off to Google rather than Blogger, and give me a blank face rather than my coat of arms, this was half down to my using the same eMail to sign-up to something, without even thinking about it ages ago and half down to the 6 months between computers, because it didn't happen on the old lap-top.

So today I fiddled around until I realized I had to let it sign me up with the wrong profile and then change it using the 'options' button under my Google profile on the other persons site, then choose 'have you an other existing web profile' button on the resulting pop-up. Then just clicked the Blogger button on a third pop-up and all was well. I say well...I've now had to change my Google Password to the same as my Blogger password, bringing the two profiles closer together...Doh! And I haven't checked if my Google pages are still turning Spanish? Which was another symptom of this 'progress' lead communications revolution.

And don't get me started on how Hotmail behaves under Firefox umptysomethingpointsix!! Anyway, if you're wondering why I'm suddenly following you after 2 years, that's why!

No comments: